(poem) On The Outside Looking In


I used to feel like I belong
But now I am a stranger
I realized I am no longer strong
Realized I am in danger

I'm in danger of breaking down
In danger of non-stop tears
In danger of being drowned
It's hard to face my fears

I can never say what's on my mind
It'd just cause a world of pain
I will continue to keep them blind
While I'm stuck here under the rain

I look at their happy faces
While I lurk in the shadows with a sigh
I wish that I could trade places
Instead of silently saying goodbye

Maybe I'll rid of these feelings somehow
I'll rid of my evil twin
But I still know that for now
I'm on the outside looking in


*2012- Bailey C. Writing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(freelance sample) Keto Diet Summary

(content/blog writing sample) East Tawas, Michigan

(poem) Life Path