(poem) Life Path


A life for a life 
They change mine 
And I'll change theirs 
They'll make me some kind of hero 
Their strength will make me stronger 

My plan is bigger than social work 
The real plan is change 

Change for the child with the bruised face 
Change for the child with real monsters at night 
Change for the child with the gaunt face 
Change for the children that need an escape 

I dream of the day I won't have to save the poor children in need
I dream of children in safe homes 
With food, shelter, a chance
and love 

The "social worker" label I'll wear with pride
I'll fight my way through school 
So I can meet the children, have them change my life 
So I can change theirs too


*2014- Bailey C. Writing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(freelance sample) Keto Diet Summary

(content/blog writing sample) East Tawas, Michigan