(content/blog writing sample) East Tawas, Michigan

I had the pleasure of taking an excursion to the city of East Tawas, located in the northeastern region in the lower peninsula of Michigan. The city has a bustling downtown area that has multiple local businesses that help contribute to the tourist economy that the city thrives off of. I found joy in visiting a local chocolatier that had many unique takes on traditional chocolate treats. I visited some of the other local shops that sold products made by artisans throughout Michigan. There was everything from the traditional "Lake Life" t-shirts to specialty cherry wines made in Michigan. I was also captivated by a beautiful mural that was painted on the bricks of one of the stores: a fun scene that takes place in the serenity of Lake Huron, a carefree woman parasails through the waves while other colorful parasails float on in the background. The city has also been clearly upkept, with gorgeous hibiscus flowers on each street corner. Also not to be forgotten is the multiple places to eat, such as the small yet delicious pizzeria on a unassuming street corner and the local bar restaurant located right near the water. I had stayed at a campsite only a twenty minute drive from the downtown area that was filled with many other campers. The pricing was reasonable for myself and ten other people, around $10 per person. If one is looking for a less populated camping experience, I would suggest visiting East Tawas in earlier September or the end of April. Despite the campsite being decently full, the campsite experience was still enjoyable, and the beaches that were a part of the campsite were absolutely stunning. I was able to get many a iPhone portrait photo of a gorgeous sunset over the lake next to a quaint lighthouse. The sand was soft under my feet and my friends and I found many interesting and cool rocks and shells to take home as souvenirs. The lake was also surprisingly shallow; I am exactly five feet tall and the water never went above my waist, no matter how far I dared to venture out. This makes this campsite and Lake Huron a fantastic vacation destination for families, as children will assumedly be less fearful with such shallow and sun-warmed water. There was also a separate beach for people with pets, and it was amusing to watch my dog run after a toy thrown into the water. Overall, the trip was well worth the tedious setup of a tent and dealing with mosquitos (make sure you bring bug spray!) and is great for either a day trip if you're near enough to the area or a longer camping experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(freelance sample) Keto Diet Summary

(poem) Life Path