(content/article writing sample) Oliver Sim Says More Music Is Coming From The XX

 

Oliver Sim has teased that there will be new music from his band The XX sometime in the future. According to NME, Sim said in a recent interview that “The XX will always be my home and will always be my priority. And normally I wouldn’t speak for Romy and Jamie, but I know they feel the same. I think all of us doing our solo projects just makes me excited. It’s like, how is this gonna change the band? What have we all learned independently? And nothing is recorded at the moment, but there is more music from The XX, definitely.”

Sim’s update on the band comes after each member has been participating in solo projects. The XX hadn’t been in the studio together since December 2021. The last time new music from the band was mentioned was in a post they made on Instagram in January 2020 right before the world changed from the COVID-19 pandemic. The XX previously made Mxdwn news after Sim announced the cancelation of the band’s upcoming tour dates for Fall 2022. The band has also announced that they will have a new monthly show on Apple Music 1.

Sim had released his debut solo album ‘Hideous Bastard’ in September 2022. Sim reflected on working solo, stating “It was scary because I’ve been in The XX since I was 15,” he admitted. “That’s all I’ve ever done.” NME had given Sim’s record four stars and stated “The XX singer strikes out with radical honesty.”

Read the full interview with Sim here.





(other articles found at https://music.mxdwn.com/author/bailey-coby/)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(freelance sample) Keto Diet Summary

(poem) Life Path

(content/blog writing sample) East Tawas, Michigan