(poem) Cancer


A raging beast, this dreaded disease
Until you're torn apart, it isn't appeased
You fight the hardest fight of your life
Causing your body's war to ensue
This horrible fiend, this ugly monstrosity 
I know it's attacking with an awesome ferocity
I hope you know darling, for you I'm praying
With you I promise, I'll always be staying
You'll get through this, I know you're strong
And don't you dare say that I am wrong
Close your eyes and get some rest
I hate seeing you in distress 
I wish I could destroy all of those cells
where all of that sickness dwells
One day you'll be cured, happy and free
A good future outlook for you and me
Just so you know, I'm a phone call away
I will come any time of the day
To give you a hug and never let go
See your smile and hear your hello
So my dear, never give in
And you'll look back on this and say "Remember when?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(freelance sample) Keto Diet Summary

(poem) Life Path

(content/blog writing sample) East Tawas, Michigan